29 Sep Baby Steps to renting a scooter in Koh Phangan
A quick easy baby steps guide Renting a Scooter
Its very easy to rent a scooter, for those who have done it before it’s a piece of cake. But for new riders, you just need to take some precautions for yourself.
Tik Tik scooter shop, almost all of the scooters are NEW! Therefore in good condition and good working order. We do however recommend you test drive and test all the functions of the bike for your own safety.
- Choose your scooter.
- Fill in the contact form at the shop
- Check the scooter, tires, bodywork
- Take photos of the scooter. Sort of a protection for yourself.
- Pay the rental fee, just let the scooter shop know if you decide to keep it longer period.
- Deposit your passport or cash, your choice See Deposit
- Put on your helmet, It is Thai LAW. and your safety. See Crash Helmet
- Adjust your mirrors, most important to know what’s behind you at all times.
- Check the map of Koh Phangan to know where you’re going.
- Ride away, Enjoy
Check the lights and indicators. You will need these functions 100% working.
Take a close look at the tires, make sure they have good tread. Good tires make a great difference on-road handling.
Test drive your scooter, this is recommended, listen to the engine, check the steering, make sure that the scooter works the way it should.
Check the brakes, do an emergency stop if you are confident in riding. Basically, try and stop as quickly as possible, but maintain good balance and control. Not easy to do, but this is an important procedure to learn because when you have to do it in real road situation, it will help in not having an accident.
Get the telephone number and the address of the shop in case of any breakdowns. All Tik scooter have a sticker on them with the telephone number.
Remember your number plate, parking next to other scooters, you can sometimes forget which scooter is the one you rented.
Learn more about riding a scooter
Ride with care, you don’t need to go fast. Ride Safely.